Office comfort starts with the chair! If your chair isn't equipped with modern features like adjustable arms and lumbar support, it may be time for an upgrade. Brands like Global Total Office, Eurotech Seating, and Cherryman Industries make it easy to sit superior without breaking your budget. These reputable manufacturers specialize in the provision of high quality chairs designed to meet the needs of any user.
When selecting your office chair, be sure to watch demo videos online. You can also visit a showroom to test out a few chairs. Take your time when making a chair selection. The seating solution you choose will play a key role in both short term and long term support.
User Friendly Office Chairs:
- Arti by Global Total Office
- iOO by Eurotech Seating
- Oroblanco by Cherryman Industries
Once you've selected a great office chair, it's time to master it's features. Even the most expensive ergonomic seating solutions are only as good as their owners. Simply office comfort by learning about the adjustments your chair provides. Don't be a "set it and forget it" chair user. Be willing to adapt at a moments notice to ensure you're ready to meet the demands of any task.
Forming good posture habits will also help you in your quest to simplify office comfort. We all know the importance of good posture in the workplace, but while we are busy on important projects, we often forget and fall back into poor sitting patterns. To help, place a list of posture reminders around your workstation. Studies have shown that this simple process yields major results.
When you're sitting at your desk, don't slouch! Be sure to keep your back in contact with the chair at all times. If you find yourself leaning forward to type, adjust the angle of your chair back. To put it simply, every time you lean away from your office chair your spine isn't properly supported.
Do you find yourself looking down at your computer screen when you're typing? This isn't good for the neck! To avoid this common issue, raise your computer screen to eye level. An ergonomic monitor arm is the preferred choice, but if you're looking to save a few bucks, just prop your monitor up on a stack of books or magazines. It doesn't have to look great to make you more comfortable!
Helpful Posture Tips:
- Keep Back In Contact With Chair At All Times
- Keep Feet Flat And Facing Forward When Sitting (Don't Use The Chair Base As A Footrest!)
- Don't Look Down To Type
- Keep Computer Screen At Eye Level
- Keep Chair Arms Set To Proper Angle
You'll also want to avoid extended sits. Be sure to take a short break once every hour. Stretch out those muscles, allow your eyes to adjust, and simply walk around for a few minutes. Studies have shown that sitting for long periods of time can actually shorten your lifespan. This is one tip you don't want to avoid.
Office comfort doesn't have to be difficult. Sure it will take time to form good habits, but in the long run you'll be operating more efficiently and effectively. Simplify your quest for a comfortable work day by remembering a few simple points.
- Office comfort starts with the chair. Don't be afraid to adjust your chair settings multiple time throughout the work day.
- Ppromote continuous movement in the workplace. Don't let your muscles go dormant while working. You'll stiffen up and be stuck dealing with cramps, aches, and even pain.
- Focus on good blood flow. Good blood flow will help you fight fatigue and operate more productively.
- Commit to good posture. Placing reminders and tips within eye sight of your workstation will have you sitting pretty in no time.
- Take short breaks. A 10 minute break every hour could actually save your life!